Thursday, January 15, 2009

New yarn

Check it out, fresh from the dye pot!






Dudes, can I just say I love this yarn? That's my favorite thing about dyeing: nearly every batch, when it comes out of the washer from having the water spun out and I see it in its final state for the first time, my heart swells and I think "This is the best yarn ever!!"
These three are all Joy, my new sock yarn base, which is 80% superwash merino wool and 20% nylon. The nylon makes it durable, and the merino makes it super soft. I adore it. My other base is very durable and practical; this is more of a treat. The colorways are Enchanted Forest, Wildflower, and Shimmer. They're all available on my website. Or, if you're local and prefer to shop in person, Yarn Expressions has a small collection in stock. Good stuff!

Meanwhile, what have I been doing all this time I haven't been writing? Well, mainly freaking out, as always. I'm vending at The Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival next month, and there's a ton of stuff I need to do to get ready. Wish me luck! I attended this festival last year--they even held it on my birthday last year!--and it was a total blast. That's where I re-learned how to knit! It's a really great show, and awesome people like Robyn Chachula will be there. If you're going to be anywhere near Pittsburgh Valentine's weekend, ditch your date and come to the festival! It's worth it! Ok, in the interest of love you could go commune with the yarn all day and then go out with your honey at night: the best of both worlds. See? Some problems have easy solutions.

No comments: