Wednesday, March 25, 2009

a little detour

Spring is really taking hold around here--some of the trees have switched over from flowers to leaves, and others are all a-bloom. I decided to go for a walk on Rainbow Mountain.



I like going there for its magical quality. It's a pretty short trail, but it's steep enough to provide a challenge if that's what you're looking for. (If not, just mess around a lot and take pictures, like I did.)



What gets me about this place is all the rocks and how varied they are in one small area.





Wile E. Coyote, don't play near that rock!



What the...? How many times do I have to tell you?! Now look what you've done!

There were a lot of flowers out--lots of little violets along the side of the trail, and some really nice pink tree flowers. I attempted lots of arty shots--even a spider web!--but alas, none of them came out usable. That's when I miss my real camera.

No comments: