Monday, March 2, 2009

snow!

I woke up yesterday morning, looked out the window, and saw this:



Now, I know you folks in the north are more than sick of snow by now, but allow me to remind you: I live in Alabama! This is the only snow we've had all year and the most snow I've seen while living here. So to me, it's exciting! The only thing that would have made it even better is if it had happened this morning and everything was closed and I didn't have to go to work. But que sera sera. It was beautiful. The air even smelled like snow, which is a phenomenon I had forgotten.

Snow on the sky light.


Snow for the kitty cat. (She always loved to lick it up, so I brought some in for her.)


Snow on the forsythia.


Snow on the henbit.


Pretty, pretty pretty.

This being Alabama, it's good that I took the pictures first thing, because by noon it was all gone, as if it had never happened. Beauty is in the moment, but I'm happy I got to capture it for a change!

No comments: