Wednesday, March 4, 2009

my wild weekend

You know how the house was all pristine and perfect? Hah!



(Don't worry, I put it back when I was done.)

I had to get my samples ready for the March Phat Fiber Sampler. One might argue that I could have done it in the studio, but it's cold and windowless out there, so I took over the kitchen.

Here they are, all ready to go.



There will also be a giveaway of a full skein (100 grams -- enough to make a pair of socks) on the Phat Fiber blog at some point, so keep an eye out.

This is my enchanted forest colorway, and as I stood around reskeining dozens of little sample skeins, I had plenty of time to ponder how much I like how these colors interact.

Making samples is not too exciting, but spotting them on the web later sure is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude -- I could spend the afternoon just looking at the Enchanted Forest! What color!!!

madonnaearth said...

We like it, we love it, we hope we get our phat fibers email before every last box is gone!!!

(This will be my first p.f. box and I was so glad to see you are in there. I went on a yarn diet in late February, bought yarn Feb. 28, and had the nerve to order a H-U-G-E bundle of roving last week. The diet is NOT working, but I am thinking a phat box doesn't count.)