Friday, February 27, 2009

yarn vs. real estate: another smackdown

For those following the saga, I still haven't sold my house. I've got a new real estate agent, and as soon as all the paperwork is done, the house will be back on the market. As everyone who has been through it knows, having a house on the market is a big pain in the butt. You're supposed to keep it pristine all the time and be perpetually on call to get out so people can see it without you being there to make them feel weird about looking in the closets. Besides that, it's a down market, and nearly every real estate agent I've talked to has led me to despair. However, I've found a gem. Her name is Christina Stolaas of Carnival Real Estate, and so far she totally rocks. Talking to her gives me hope and energy!

Meanwhile, she's been doing some staging. She's made little changes all over the house, but these are what made me squeal with delight.




Dudes, do you not want to come over right now for a fancy luncheon?? I've always loved the kitchen, but check out that dining room!

For reference, left to my own devices it looks more like this:






I'd say real estate wins this round.

No comments: