Friday, April 4, 2008

done!

I finished my first design proposal last night. Whew! It's due Monday, but they don't accept electronic submissions, and I'm going to be at the Spinning with Color class all day tomorrow, so I had to get it in the mail today. The proposal itself went a lot faster than I thought it would, but then I ended up staying up until 1:30 am to finish the swatch. On one hand, I was happy to be doing something with actual fiber--it seems like all I've been doing lately is meta stuff! But on the other, I started losing my manual dexterity a little after midnight. Also, I put on a movie for the purpose of pretending that there was nothing in the world I'd rather be doing than crocheting this fun little piece, but the movie ended up being awful. That did not help.
Anyway, it's all done and ready to be mailed on my lunch break, and I'm so excited about the class tomorrow. I bought this luscious roving at Useful Knowledge, and I've been really eager to spin it.


If I hadn't gotten distracted by that maroon roving (see earlier entry), I would have started spinning it by now. But I'm glad I'm going to the class first; I'm sure she'll tell me how to spin this to best advantage. I can't wait!

No comments: