Monday, March 17, 2008

A dream come true

I just found out Yarn Expressions is hosting a class on spinning with color, taught by none other than Lynne Vogel! [insert internet squee here!!!!] She's totally been my hero since I read The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook. At the time I did not remember how to knit, thought you'd have to be crazy to knit socks, and had only vague notions about spinning. I just got the book from the library because I wanted to read about dyeing. As a crocheter, I'm used to getting books that are almost what I want, reading the parts that interest me, and ignoring the rest, but what this book said about dyeing in the wool made me want to learn to spin. To have such an incredible person coming right here to Huntsville, to teach a class on exactly what I want to learn next, right when I just got the prerequisites covered...it's like it's meant to be. What can I say? I'm there!

No comments: