Monday, July 28, 2008

last day of the conference

The Knit and Crochet Show rocked. Saturday was the last day I was there, and it was a great day. I had a class with The Crochet Dude, who tells some funny stories in person. I also got to meet Jess and Casey of Ravelry!


Well, that's actually overstating the case a bit. I went to their table, got a button, took a picture, suddenly got shy, couldn't think of anything to say, and slunk off.
Despite having bought too much yarn to fit in my suitcase (I ended up shipping it back per Jaspher's brilliant suggestion), I had to make a pilgrimage to Manchester's local yarn shop, Pearl's Yarns, which was only a few blocks from the conference hotel.


It's a nice little shop with tons of gorgeous yarn and also a lot of finished objects. I really like that in a yarn shop--I love looking at other people's creations, especially when they're unique things, not just standard sample garments. The shop had a homey, friendly feel--very nice.
Having just shipped a box of yarn to myself earlier that morning, I did manage to restrain myself and didn't buy anything, although there were certainly candidates. Altogether, quite a satisfactory day.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Cara-

I have enjoyed reading your blog, you are so good at it! I wish I would have blogged while at the show, but I am way too lazy! I will be checking in a lot!!

Kimberly