Thursday, July 10, 2008

more deviations from the plan

Well, I got as far as bringing the directions for Navajo plying home, but I still haven't made any progress on that. Also, contrary to all of my better judgement, I've started another project.


It's going to be a sock yarn shawl. I'm using the very first skein that I tried to reskein and ended up needing an army of knitters to straighten out. It's a bit twisty from its four passes through the ball winder, but otherwise great to work with. I love how springy it is. I'm using a big hook for an airy effect, and the yarn holds its shape wonderfully for this purpose. It's really nice. Unfortunately, the sock yarn shawl already in progress (made from Brooks Farm Acero--see post) is definitely angry that I've started another copy of it without finishing it first. It has a point. I wish there were more hours in the day.

No comments: