Wednesday, July 16, 2008

the ufos are getting ready to abduct me

You can tell when the freaking out that's going on in the rest of my life starts to spill over into Yarn Land. Suddenly it starts to bother me that I have so many unfinished projects.


That's just the ones I've been carrying around in my knitting bag: counterclockwise from the top, we have the seascape shawl (for a kit), the skew scarf, the sock yarn shawl, the bamboo swatch (not even a real project yet), and in the center, the Acero shawl. Plus a stray ball of yarn that isn't even a swatch yet. Meanwhile, lurking around the house, there is also the hat that's been six stitches and a seam away from completion for several months now and the pond scene afghan that I started last summer, plus probably some more that I can't even think of, and it's starting to freak me out. Time to finish something. Unfortunately, the easiest to finish is also the perfect travel project: the sock yarn shawl. That's all I seem to want to work on lately, though, so its perfection for travel keeps getting reduced. Oh wait, the easiest to finish is that hat! Maybe I'll do that tonight.
Meanwhile, I missed the deadline to submit my rainbow baby afghan design for next spring. I forgot all about the spring deadlines being this week until yesterday, when I was already too late for Interweave Crochet and Crochet! had less than a day to go. I could have barely been technically not late if I had submitted it last night, but it just didn't happen. Given what they were looking for, I think it would have had a good chance, too. Definitely bummed about that, but life just got in the way. I guess I need to just go back to my approach to the Tour de Fleece and try to make small goals and actually achieve them, instead of all this impossibility and freaking out and getting disappointed.

No comments: