Friday, October 10, 2008

happy dyeing

Last night I dyed some Caribbean yarn (blues, greens, a little bit of purple), which is still warm--it needs to finish cooling before I can wash it and hang it up. I love dyeing!
Lately I've been really drawn to the warm colors, which kind of surprises me. For most of my life, I've been strictly a cool colors girl. Occasional ventures into magenta, that's about as warm as I got. But lately it's all fire and warm warm warm. I figured I'd better do a little cool something for the folks like the old me, thus the Caribbean.
Anyway, I'm getting the fire yarn ready for Etsy. Dude, does that not look like fire?


Total love. I was excited when it was wet, but it looks ten times better dry. Here's the roving.


These are going up on my Etsy shop today, so get 'em while they're hot!

No comments: