Monday, August 11, 2008

dyeing weekend

I did a whole lot of dyeing over the weekend. I'm really pleased with the results, and as soon as I get them all labeled, my first big wholesale order is ready to ship!
Here's half of the yarn I did this weekend.



As usual, the rest of it is shy. But here are two of my absolute favorites.


Unlike peanut butter and chocolate, there are many examples of two great tastes that don't taste great together. Soy sauce and Mac 'n' cheese. Golden Grahams and Sunday paper perfume ads. Dyeing yarn and trying to sell your house. But what can I do? I had to get this yarn done, and I don't really have anywhere else to go. I managed to time it perfectly this weekend: I dyed like a maniac Friday night and then got up early and did it again Saturday morning. I had just enough time to clean everything up and run out the door before people came to see the house Saturday afternoon. Now, if anyone comes today, they're just going to have to see the piles of yarn waiting to be labeled I guess--I don't know what else to do with it until I ship it tomorrow. This is the problem with trying to live in a house while trying to sell it, at least if you're somebody who has pursuits other than t.v. Even just my stash, which I have hanging all over the walls of the guest room, would probably be the first thing to go if I were to truly stage the house. Well, maybe second, after the gaudy life-size statue of Venus in the middle of the living room.
Seriously, I just made that up about Venus, but I'm thinking about what stuff we should get out of the house and into storage or something for the house to sell quicker. I thought we already had it in great shape, but Saturday's people were only in the house for 15 minutes, so obviously they didn't like it. You're supposed to make it look homey but generic so that buyers come in and think "I could live here." Basically, take all the personality out but stop short of making it cold. On the other hand, I have to live here until the place sells. It's already pretty darn inconvenient with just the few changes we've already made. Feh.

2 comments:

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Good luck with the house selling. Have you found another place yet?

Cara said...

Thanks, Phyllis! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
As for a new place, I thought I had the perfect one, but the home inspection revealed otherwise, so it's back to the drawing board. I'm trying to refrain from getting too excited about anything until my house sells, though.