Thursday, August 28, 2008

a little spinning

I wanted to start on the Feathery Lace Stole yesterday--suddenly I'm totally re-obsessed with this--but I left the yarn at work. Darn it! That's the problem with all the yarn being at work.
I did get to spin a little, though.

This is the last of the test roving I dyed. It's brown mix from Sheep Shed Studio, dyed with the dye runoff from the other two sample rovings I dyed.



The yarn seems darker than the roving, but maybe that always happens. I haven't even plied this yet, but it was really nice to do even a tiny bit of spinning. So relaxing. And of course I'm very pleased to report that I didn't mess it all up when I dyed the roving--it's still quite easy to spin. I'm planning to get a whole lot of spinning fiber and start dyeing it, as soon as I catch up on the sock yarn!

No comments: